Monday, April 7, 2008

Music!

I'm always searching for new good music. This weekend I hit the jackpot when I got some suggestions from my buddy Brian who is a youth pastor in Arkansas... So I decided to share my new finds and some old favorites with you!

Misty Edwards- So amazing! Great worship music. Her voice sounds like Sara Bareilles. My favorite songs are "You Won't Relent" and "My Soul Longs for You"

Tenth Avenue North- Great new band, on a worship tour right now (check their myspace to see if they're near you!) Best song "Love is Here" will make you cry... Sound like a mix between Coldplay, One Republic and Switchfoot.

Jesus Culture- Get this CD! It's some of the best worship. Kim Walker's songs are my favorite on the album... "How He Loves" is probably my favorite song of all time.

Desperation Bands new album Everyone Overcome- "Coming your Way" is amazing!

Casting Crowns- I know I'm late in discovering them... lol but I really like the song "Slow Fade"

The Afters- Such a good band- you probably heard their song "Beautiful Love" somewhere- it was really popular last year!

Jonathan Foreman- The lead singer of Switchfoot- He's been releasing EP's on Itunes every season.... Fall, Winter, Spring... They are amazing! Get all of them!

1 comment:

Prodigal Jon said...

thanks for checking out "stuff christians like"

I just did a review for a new Shawn McDonald CD that will be released soon. It was really great. I definitely recommend it.
Jon