Today I was talking to a friend about enjoying the little things in life. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed and jaded by the things that aren't perfect or unfair or just unpleasant I have a tendency to focus on them and let it upset me. But if I can find something, anything, even if it's small, that's good- it will make my day! So here are some of the things that make my day.
Sweet iced tea with fresh mint- I mean really, just saying it makes me happy.
Downy fabric softener- no, I'm not convinced that it makes my clothes that much softer, but putting on a warm tee shirt that smells like lavender and vanilla in the morning is a good way to start the day.
Getting a text message in the morning from a friend just saying hi- I don't know why I love that so much, but to me it's like knowing someone cares I'm alive this morning and it makes me smile.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cliff Bars- literally the best tasting protein/ energy bars out there... Kind of like eating a cookie with no guilt.
Patty Melts from Bill and Ruth's- I don't know why they're so good, they're kind of a glorified hamburger with white cheese on rye bread, but they are delicious, and I love them.
Not going into work until 9- Only happens about once a week but there is something magical about sleeping an extra hour...
Finding a new song that I listen to over and over to soak up it's sheer brilliance- what's even better is when you find a band with lots of those songs.... mmm
Getting my back adjusted at the chiropractor- this is good for two reasons A) it helps the pain in my back and B) my chiropractor is awesome and really funny.
Playing football at internship- It helps that we all have a healthy level of competitiveness but other than that we're all pretty good which makes playing fun.
Having a moment of clarity or inspiration while writing- It just throws me on a roll and I end up writing 3 blogs and and a chapter of my book.
Running into someone I haven't seen in a long time- They're usually nicer and more complementary than people you see every day...
Vitamin Water- I get it in huge 20 packs at Sams, and it just tastes healthy, plus they list a ton of vitamins on the label that, if nothing else, make you think you're doing really good on your diet.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment