Monday, May 12, 2008

\\ The undecided squirrel

A few weeks ago, I ran over a squirrel. It was not my fault. I was on my way to work and this little squirrel was on the road in my neighborhood... I stopped to let it pass, and it started to, but then started erratically running back and forth in front of me. As if he was playing some kind of game... Unfortunately for him, he lost. As I said, this was not my fault. I gave him every opportunity to get away. But he did not take it, he did his own thing, and he died... How many times do we do this in our walk with God? We are given every opportunity to have the best life imaginable, but we run back and forth... Not sure of which life to choose- a life of greatness and purpose or a life of sin and separation. And like that squirrel, we pay dearly for it. Life is not a game. It is dangerous to be so undecided... It is deadly. So lets not dash back and forth, take the right path... It's smarter... and safer that way.

No comments: